The programme builds on more than 15 years of experience of coping with topics and concepts such as multiculturalism, political governance, various levels of (cultural) identity politics (European, national and local) and evolving cultural-social-political processes on the basis of a truly innovative, multilingual, interdisciplinary approach, recognised and financially supported by the European Union.
The programme offers a genuine multicultural and international classroom setting at all partner universities as an integral part of its existence. Mandatory mobility between the different consortium universities is a crucial element of the Euroculture programme.
Through its international exchange, the MA Euroculture- Society, Politics and Culture in a Global Context at University of Deusto offers the chance to gain experience with different languages, perspectives, and social and cultural practices. All students study in at least two partner institutions.
The programme offers two tracks to its students. The research track is tailored for further developing research skills at any partner university, and is particularly recommended for students with the aim of pursuing a PhD. The professional track consists of a tailored placements in one of the many associated cultural or political institutions.
- University of Deusto, Spain
- University of Groningen, The Netherlands (Co-ordinating institution)
- Palacky University of Olomouc, Czech republic
- University of Strasbourg, France
- Georg-august University of Göttingen, Germany
- University of Udine, Italy
- Jagiellonian University Krakow, Poland
- Uppsala University, Sweden
- Savitribai phule Pune University, India
- Osaka University, Japan
- National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City
- Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis, USA
The Euroculture programme offers a unique combination of in-depth knowledge and practical training that prepares its graduates with essential skills sought after by employers. The programme allows graduates to base their professional careers on a solid grounding in the historical, cultural, linguistic aspects of modern societies that make them well-informed professionals and sensitive to the important role of culture, values and identities in any organization.
Euroculture graduates typically build their careers as international public servants, or in national ministries, NGO’s, business administration or different fields of academia. Euroculture graduates from the University of Deusto are currently developing their professional careers in areas such as the following (examples):
- International organizations and institutions (European Commission, NATO etc.)
- State administration; Ministries
- Diplomatic and consular missions
- University teaching and research
- Academic project management
- Project management in private foundations
- Cultural entrepreneurship
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Political Construction of Europe
- Cultural Construction of Europe
- Methodological Seminar and preparation of the intensive program
- Research Seminars
- Master Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- 1 March : recommended deadline for self-financing applications and the deadline for non-EU/EEA applicants.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies European Studies Political Science View 13 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Euroculture candidates will be selected according to common selection criteria:
- Candidates must have completed an academic Bachelor degree in a discipline of relevance to Euroculture. Examples of a matching educational background :a degree in the Arts, Humanities or Social Sciences, such as: European studies, History, International Relations, Cultural studies, Literature, Sociology, Political Sciences, Anthropology, Philosophy, Communication and Media Studies, International/ European Law, Theology.
- It is also important that a candidate demonstrates their academic writing and research skills by providing an academic paper or a thesis among their application documents.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
The Erasmus Mundus Programme provides EU-funded scholarships for Third Country students and EU/EEA students who have applied to and have been accepted by the Euroculture Master Course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.