- Our goal is to ensure that all children are valued, active participants in a diverse, democratic and inclusive society. Our emphasis on field-based experiences is threaded throughout the program so candidates receive first-hand opportunities to translate research and theory into practice.
- Inclusive Education, Elementary Education (K-6) Teachers-Teacher of Students with Disabilities Concentration at the Montclair State University is designed for candidates who are already certified in Early Childhood or Elementary Education and want to obtain both the Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TSD) certification and a master’s degree in Inclusive Education.
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Montclair State University is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Montclair State University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Child Development I: Theories of Child Development
- Literacy Foundations
- Sociocultural Context of Disability and Inclusive Education
- Learning and Development in Children With and Without Disabilities
- Strengthening Partnerships with Families of Children with Disabilities
- Communication, Collaboration and Consultation in Inclusive Early Childhood and Elementary Contexts
- Observation and Assessment of Elementary Age Children with Disabilities
- Pedagogy in Inclusive Elementary Education
- Practicum and Seminar in Inclusive Elementary Education
- Advanced Pedagogy in Inclusive Elementary Education
- Inclusive Pedagogies for Students with Complex Learning and Behavioral Needs
- Literacy Strategies for the Inclusive Elementary Classroom
- Applied Child Advocacy
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Substance Abuse and Family Crisis
- Dynamics of Group Process
- Multicultural Counseling and Development.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 694 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo English Test are required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
International13669 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13669 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 701 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Montclair
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.