- The concentration in Exercise Science is designed to cultivate knowledge and skills necessary for conducting individualized exercise programs and managing fitness facilities in a commercial, corporate, or clinical setting. A balance of exercise science theory and practical application, coursework is designed to enhance skills regarding the development of aerobic and anaerobic exercise programs for athletes, healthy adults, and individuals with various health challenges. At the completion of this program students are prepared for taking the prestigious ACSM and NSCA fitness certifications.
- The program is 33 credits, including 18 credits in the exercise science concentration, 6-9 credits in electives, and 6-9 credits in research methods and completion of a capstone project. Students have their choice of selecting an applied project, internship or research project for their capstone experience. Many of the courses in this program are offered in a hybrid format in which some of the class meetings take place in the classroom while the remaining class sessions are conducted online. Facilities for learning activities and research in motor learning, biomechanics, and exercise physiology are provided in the state of the art Human Performance Laboratory and the Physical Education Activity Laboratory.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Management and Supervision in Sport and Fitness
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Applied Sport Physiology
- Aerobic Testing and Programming
- Theoretical Foundations for Strength and Conditioning
- Principles of Sports Conditioning
- Technology Integration in Exercise Science and Physical Education
- Advanced Adapted Physical Education
- Applied Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Practicum in Individualized Exercise Programs
- Seminar in Current Challenges in Athletics
- Orientation to Sports Medicine
- Sociological Foundations of Sport and Physical Education
- Independent Study in Physical Education
- Selected Topics in Exercise Science and Physical Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 399 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.