This is an ideal MA if you are pursuing an advanced interest in the Holocaust, it will provide you with a further set of skills and a qualification, it also has a highly successful track record as a springboard to doctoral research.
The Research Institute's mission is to promote research into the Holocaust, its origins and aftermath, and to examine the extent to which genocide, war and dictatorship can be understood as defining elements in the history of the twentieth century. It is an international forum bringing together researchers working on different aspects of the Holocaust in a range of disciplines, including history, literary and language studies, film and media studies, philosophy and sociology.
On completion of your MA Holocaust Studies programme at Royal Holloway University of London you will have developed and finessed skills, such as research, analysis and presenting, which will appeal to future employers.
Your degree also demonstrates that you enjoy being challenged and that you understand complex issues. On graduation you will be ideally placed to develop your career in areas relating to the Holocaust and have a solid foundation for PhD studies.
- The History of the Holocaust
- Interpreting the Holocaust
- Representing the Holocaust in British and American Literature
- Film,Television and The Holocaust
- A Transnational Holocaust
- Genocide: Comparative Approaches
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no deadlines for postgraduate applications, but popular degrees become full quickly.
DisciplinesHistory Political Science View 492 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- Normally we require a UK 2:1 (Honours) or equivalent in relevant subjects but we will consider a high 2:2 or relevant work experience. Candidates with professional qualifications in an associated area may be considered. Where a ‘high 2:2’ is considered, we would normally define this as reflecting a profile of 57% or above.
- A piece of written work may be required from applicants who do not meet the standard academic requirements.
- Relevant research experience will also be considered
- An interview may be required if we would like more information upon which to base a decision. Applicants unable to attend, such as overseas students, will usually be interviewed by telephone.
International17200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.