In the programme social, economic, political and environmental change are studied from various perspectives.
What makes the programme unique?
- You focus on current themes such as disasters, migration, food security, resource conflict, and environmental policy; and you learn to work in an interdisciplinary way combining anthropology, sociology, economics, governance studies, etc.
- You acquire useful practical skills during a four-month internship at an organisation in your second year.
- You develop your research skills by formulating your own thesis research and carrying out your own fieldwork.
Future career - International Development Studies
Graduates of the International Development Studies degree from Wageningen University and Research are employed as programme/project coordinators, consultants, advisors, policymakers, researchers, or trainers. Almost half of the graduates surveyed work as consultant, advisor or project coordinator in the non-profit sector, or as manager/consultant in the private business sector or in a bank.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sociology of Development
- Economics of Development
- Inclusive Innovation, Communication and Development
- Politics and Governance of Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Sept: Application via Studielink will open in October
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Public Relations View 72 other Masters in International Relations in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for the B.Sc. or B.A. study of at least 70% of the maximum scale. International students can check if they meet this requirement indicated in the International Credentials on the Admission Requirements page.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Social Sciences
- Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
- Cultural Anthropology and Development Studies
- Business Economics
- European Studies
- International Relations and International Organizations
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.