Biobased Materials from Maastricht University provides an opportunity for the development of novel materials with completely new material properties. The master’s programme in Biobased Materials allows you to play a part in this revolution, preparing you for a career in the research, development, production and application of biobased materials.
Universities, research institutes and businesses are joining forces to develop and implement biobased materials in society. There is a growing demand for experts in this field, so the career prospects for our graduates are promising. The multidisciplinary master's in Biobased Materials prepares you for career opportunities at:
- Research & Development
- Research institutes
- Governmental institutions
- Environmental organisations
- Consultancy firms
- Start-up companies
- Biobased Materials
- Process Technology
- Molecular Biology and Physiology of Plants and Microbes
- Principles of Materials Science
- Bio-Organic Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry Biology View 6 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are eligible for admission if you have:
- a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field composed of at least 180 ECTS. If you're unsure whether you have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- 10 - 15 ECTS (or equivalent) in mathematics at bachelor's level.
Relevant fields are:
- Biological studies relevant to the field of biobased materials
- Polymer science and engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Or other bachelor's programmes related to or containing (bio)chemistry and/or materials science
International18200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18200 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.