During the Writing and Producing for Television of Loyola Marymount University you’ll master story and character development, storytelling structure, and cinematic style while gaining an insider's understanding of the TV business and developing a diverse portfolio of long- and short-form teleplays. In the final year of the program, you will polish your projects and learn how to pitch them to industry professionals so you are fully prepared to launch your TV career.
- Demonstrate, through a portfolio of long- and short-form teleplays, mastery of story development, character development, storytelling structure, and cinematic style.
- Demonstrate the ability to pitch stories and scripts to producers, managers, agents, studios, cable outlets, and networks.
- Demonstrate proficiency in producing and executing a television production by creating a short reel that is reflective of a larger project.
- Value diverse stories that explore social justice issues and ethical and humanistic themes.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills by creating relationships with outside organizations through internships, mentorships, and designated courses and workshops.
- Demonstrate the fundamental business skills required for working effectively with producers, managers, agents, and the Writers Guild of America.
- Learn to analyze the influences of film, television, and emerging media on our culture, and vice versa.
- Television Production
- Elements of Television Writing
- History of Television
- Writing Episodic Drama
- Writing Episodic Comedy
- Feature Film Screenwriting
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International applicants are encouraged to submit their application and materials at least three months prior to the first term of their enrollment.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Creative Writing View 319 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Graduate Online Application and $50 application fee
- Official Transcripts
- Transcript / Credit Evaluation
- English Language Proficiency Requirement (International Applicants Only)
- GRE Scores
- Personal Statement
- Creative Samples
- Create up to a two-minute video telling us who you are and why you want to tell stories
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A One-Page Resume
International33552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33552 USD per year during 36 months.
National33552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33552 USD per year during 36 months.
- Second and third-year students: $25,164/ year
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.