You will take core classes during the first half of the program before specializing in one of following areas: directing fiction or non-fiction; creative producing; cinematography; or editing, on this Film and Television Production program from Loyola Marymount University.
And you will have 24/7 access to industry-standard equipment and facilities, plus many opportunities to intern at leading media, entertainment, and creative tech companies while you earn your degree.
- By studying a diverse canon of great films and filmmakers, students will gain a broad understanding of the history and socio-historical contexts of American and global film, television and emerging media to inspire them to create transformative works of their own.
- Students will master the methods of visual storytelling – through screenwriting, camera placement and movement, lighting, blocking and performance, post-production picture and sound - to create content with unique cinematic expression and engaging dramatic structure.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of the components and processes in at least one of the following areas of specialization: Creative Producing, Fiction Directing, Non-Fiction Directing, Cinematography or Post-Production.
- By analyzing past historical works and applying technical and storytelling skills, students will be able to produce works with a strong personal voice that show vision and imagination.
- Students will work constructively to problem solve and collaborate in diverse teams to create impactful media.
- Fundamentals of Production
- Writing for Production
- Intermediate Documentary Pre-Production
- Screenwriting for Intermediate Production
- Intermediate Production
- Production Planning
- Sound for Production
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International applicants are encouraged to submit their application and materials at least three months prior to the first term of their enrollment.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 330 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Graduate Online Application and $50 application fee
- Official Transcripts
- Transcript / Credit Evaluation
- Applicants must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) unless they received a high school diploma or a bachelor's degree in the United States.
- Personal Statement
- A visual sample of one film or video work in which you performed a primary creative role (5-10 minutes maximum).
- Creative Samples
- Video Recording
- Portfolio List
- A One-Page Resume
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International33552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33552 USD per year during 36 months.
National33552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33552 USD per year during 36 months.
- Second and third-year students: $25,164/ year
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.