A modified three-year program allows students to fulfill program requirements at a slower pace but still requires daytime class attendance.Students are trained to integrate their visual art backgrounds with psychotherapeutic skills as they work with a variety of clients, including children, adolescents, adults and families. The training fully prepares students to become practicing marital and family therapists committed to utilizing art processes in their work as psychotherapists.
Graduates of the Marital and Family Therapy program should know:
- A broad theoretical basis for the practice of art psychotherapy
- The complex societal culture in which they are engaging
- The legal and professional responsibilities of the licensed practicing psychotherapist.
Graduates of the Marital and Family Therapy program should be able to:
- Advance to professional engagement in the mental health community
- Describe individual and family dynamics according to the theory and concepts of the discipline of marriage and family therapy.
- Delineate short term and long term psychotherapeutic goals and develop treatment plans
- Synthesize the art therapy modality with traditional theoretical approaches and use a variety of techniques and interventions to achieve systemic change
- Present case material in verbal and written form at a professional level
- Work with others from varied and diverse perspectives
- Engage in critical scholarly discourse in the field of art psychotherapy
Graduates of the Marital and Family Therapy program are encouraged to value:
- An increasing commitment to change as part of the psychotherapeutic and artistic process
- The ongoing development of multicultural competencies
- Engagement with the community in the service of social justice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Art Therapy Literature/Assessment
- Art Explorations
- Fundamentals of Marriage/Family Systems
- Child Psychotherapy:Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Mental Health Services
- Group Psychotherapy: Theory and Practice
- Psychological Testing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3529 other Masters in Education in United States
- Online Application
- $50 Application Fee
- Official Transcripts (two copies) of all colleges and universities attended
- Official TOEFL score or IELTS score (for international students)
- Two letters of recommendation (unless otherwise specified)
- Official test scores (GMAT, GRE, CBEST, etc.)
- Personal statement and/or resume
- Program-specific forms, application or interview
International1162 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1162 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1162 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1162 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.