Balancing a challenging liberal arts and sciences curriculum with a commitment to social justice, the Bioethics program of Loyola Marymount University:
- Invites students to reflect systematically on contemporary issues in bioethics and healthcare from a variety of disciplinary perspectives.
- Engages students in the critical analysis of bioethical topics through the interplay between ethical theory and professional practice
The Master of Arts degree requires a total of thirty credit hours of graduate coursework, completed over a program of 10 three-credit courses, including seven core and three elective courses. Students may choose to take up to two courses per semester in order to finish the program in five semesters.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioethics at the Beginning of Life
- Law and Bioethics
- Bioethics at the End of Life
- Clinical Bioethics
- Theological Ethics
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
International applicants are encouraged to submit their application and materials at least three months prior to the first term of their enrollment.
DisciplinesBiology Philosophy & Ethics Health Sciences View 1983 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Graduate Division Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Short Essay Response
- One Official Copy of Post-secondary Transcripts
- Test Scores (GRE or MAT)
- A $50.00 fee
- Personal Interview
- Language Test Scores (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Transcript Translation and Evaluation
International15780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15780 USD per year during 30 months.
National15780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15780 USD per year during 30 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.