- The Forensic Psychology concentration at the Montclair State University is designed to prepare students to offer master’s level clinical services to legal system-involved populations in settings that do not require licensure. Such settings include, but are not limited to, mental health and drug court settings, offender rehabilitation programs, child and family advocacy settings and bona fide public service agencies exempted by state boards of psychological examiners for non-doctoral providers. Students also receive opportunities for clinical and research experiences to prepare them for doctoral study should they choose that path.
- In keeping with our Clinical Psychology - Clinical Forensic Psychology MA program’s overall child/adolescent focus, the forensic concentration places an emphasis on child, adolescent and family issues such as domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, and juvenile offender assessment, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Developmental Psychology
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Cognitive Assessment
- Clinical Assessment
- Ethics and Professional Issues in Psychology
- Interventions in Forensic Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Clinical Psychology View 371 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Submit Online Application
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Standardized Test Scores: GRE (see test waiver policies). Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 applicants only – the GRE will be waived for all applicants.
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo English Test are required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
International13608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 721 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Montclair
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.