This understanding will be developed through a combination of course work, seminars, independent study and research. The Montclair State Graduate Program in Chemistry is designed with built-in flexibility to help students meet their career objectives. The courses offered include advanced courses in all major areas of Chemistry and Biochemistry, and include a number of highly specialized instrumentation courses as well as individual research opportunities. Laboratories are housed in both Richardson Hall and Science Hall.
- The Chemistry - Biochemistry concentration at the Montclair State University provides a flexible program of study for those students who wish to emphasize Biochemistry and related areas in their Master’s degree. Those working in research in the pharmaceutical industry or interested in doing so, and individuals interested in pursuing an M.D. or a Ph.D. in Biochemistry or a related area would benefit from this program. It is most suited to students with an undergraduate degree in Biochemistry but is also suitable for students with a major in Chemistry who wants to broaden their knowledge in Biochemistry.
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 707 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Standardized Test Scores: GRE Not Required. Applicants have the option of submitting GRE scores. Any applicant voluntarily choosing to do so should select Montclair State University as the receiving institution on their score report.
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo English Test are required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy
International12096 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 721 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Montclair
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.