Our cohort model allows you to progress through the program with the same small group of students while collaborating and learning together. You will study today's best practices and learn to apply theory and research to services for clients, while developing your own theory of counselling through personal and professional growth. Supervised internships also provide valuable practical experience.
This program is offered under the written consent of the Minister of Advanced Education, Skills and Training effective June 2012, having undergone a quality assessment process and been found to meet the criteria established by the minister. Nevertheless, prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs (for example, acceptable to potential employers, professional licensing bodies, or other educational institutions).
The Master of Counselling degree does not lead to the Psychologist chartering (or registering) in the province of BC. Specifically, one must have the PhD degree from a program approved by the College of BC psychologists. The Master of Counselling degree does provide the basis for application to the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) for the Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) credential.
- Intro to Canadian Counselling
- Canadian Counselling Issues & Ethics
- Counselling Theories
- Counselling Across the Life Span
- Group Process & Facilitation
- Psychopathology & Psychopharmacology
- Marriage and Family Counselling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCounselling View 19 other Masters in Counselling in Canada
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A completed graduate application. Within the application you will be required to submit the following: 2 letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose (guidelines are included in the application) and a copy of your passport.
- One official transcript from each college or university attended. If you attend Gonzaga, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Official scores from the Graduate Records Exam (GRE) general aptitude test or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- A copy of your passport
- An interview with the department
International1160 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1160 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1160 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1160 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.