Initial Teaching from Gonzaga University program utilizes a cohort group structure in which entering candidates proceed through a prescribed sequence of classes together. The Masters of Initial Teaching program leads to an elementary or secondary teacher certification in a one or two year program.
Applicants seeking elementary education certification will receive an elementary endorsement and teach grades K-8 as generalists in a self-contained classroom. Secondary education certification candidates teach grades 5-12 and choose a specific content area (endorsement) to teach.
The content areas must be selected from one of the following approved endorsements offered at Gonzaga: biology, chemistry, physics, English language arts, social studies, health and fitness, mathematics, music, and designated world languages.
Additional endorsements are encouraged. For additional endorsements, visit the certification office for requirements.
- Abuse Prevention
- Physical Education and Health Methods
- Psychology of Children with Exceptionalities
- Field Experience
- Mathematics Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 422 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A completed application form.
- A $50.00 non-refundable application fee.
- One official transcript from all colleges or universities attended.
- A written statement of purpose addressing the applicant’s.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from individuals who have current knowledge of the applicants' teaching capabilities.
- A resume, template provided.
- An interview with the MIT admissions committee.
- Passing score for the Basic Skill Requirement in each category: Reading, Writing, and Math with minimum scores in either the WEST B, SAT, ACT or CBEST test.
- Passing score for the WEST E or NES test in the applicant's primary content area
- Submission of a financial declaration and supporting documentation by each international applicant.
International10478 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10478 USD per year during 12 months.
National10478 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10478 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Spokane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.