Our program gives you flexibility to complete your degree in one or two years. You will learn as part of a cohort of students and build supportive and collaborative relationships with your peers. We also offer many opportunities to develop in-classroom skills through student teaching and supervised field experiences in local schools.With an elementary certification, you can teach as a generalist in grades K-8. If you pursue secondary certification, you will choose a specific endorsement area from one of the approved endorsements, such as English, History, Math or Biology.Our program strongly positions you for first-year teaching jobs at school districts throughout the state. In fact, approximately 95% of our MIT graduates have found jobs upon graduation (2014). Also, when you earn a teacher certification at Gonzaga, you qualify to teach in 48 states as part of Washington’s reciprocity agreements through the Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Psychology of Children with Exceptionalities
- Instructional Foundation
- Abuse Prevention
- Graduate Teaching Certification
- Special Education Applied Classroom Experience: Elementary
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Special Education Policies and Procedures
- Special Education Applied Classroom Experience
- Direct Instruction Reading
- Direct Instruction Mathematics
- Research in Special Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Advanced Classroom Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTeaching View 1056 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A completed graduate application
- A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One (1) official degree bearing transcript and one (1) official transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- A written Statement of Purpose addressing the applicant's (a) commitment to becoming a K-12 educator, (b) past and present academic experiences, and (c) ability to work with children or youth.
- A copy of your current resume
- Complete an online declaration of endorsement form
- Receive passing scores in Reading, Writing, and Math
- Receive a passing score on the NES or WEST-E test in your primary content area
International1160 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1160 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1160 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1160 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.