The Social Work program at Arkansas State University offers a concentration in rural based clinical social work practice. Students learn the fundamental knowledge, skills, and ethics that guide social work practice and the populations traditionally served by the profession.
Graduates of this program are:
- prepared to acknowledge and utilize the less formal social exchange between people and systems that exist in rural communities.
- educated on how to identify and develop resources, and how to use natural helping networks.
- expected to employ a broad range of approaches, theories and models in their practice and to develop skills that enable them to perform multiple roles in the helping process.
- aware of the importance of examining issues of diversity; social work values and ethics; how to identify, prevent and interrupt social and economic injustice; and the importance of community empowerment.
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Welfare Policy and Services
- Social Justice and Diversity
- Psychopathology for Social Workers
- Social Work Ethics
- Social Work Evaluation and Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The deadline to apply to the MSW program is the second Friday in February.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Social Work Sociology View 216 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- Personal & Professional Orientation Paper
- Department of Social Work Applicant Reference Form (3)
- Transcripts (GPA in last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree) (Standard Program - 3.0 GPA; Advanced Standing Program - 3.2 GPA)
- Interview/Spontaneous Writing Assignment- Scheduled interviews to be determined by Admissions Committee
- A completed online application accompanied by the appropriate application fee ($30 for U.S. applicants/$40 for International applicants), along with the required documents for that specific graduate program
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended since leaving high school. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the institutions previous attended
- All students are required to present written documentation of measles, mumps and rubella immunization
- English proficiency scores
International15194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7597 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7597 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4273 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Jonesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.