In pursuit of this goal, the Department of Management strives to equip both undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as practising managers, for the world of work in a national and global business environment which is competitive and dynamic.In fulfilling this mission, the Department of Management undertakes:
- To provide students both graduate and undergraduate with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in General Management;
- To provide postgraduate students from disciplines other than Management, with the skills and knowledge to start up their own businesses and/or pursue careers in business;
- To provide management education to students which fosters a spirit of entrepreneurship and leadership;
- To provide opportunities for staff development so that members of staff can enhance their skills and knowledge as professional teachers and researchers;
- To pursue excellence in its teaching which involves being innovative and up-to-date at all times;
- To foster good relationships and an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust between members of staff in the Department;
- To mount external courses for individuals in private, public and non-profit sectors in order to provide them with relevant, up-to-date skills and knowledge to enable them to cope efficiently and effectively with an ever-changing business environment;
- To publish its research in national and international journals, as well as to present papers at conferences, both nationally and internationally;
- To contribute its expertise to the community.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Strategy, stakeholders and strategic direction
- Strategic analysis
- Strategy development and formulation
- Strategy implementation
- Valuation techniques for equities, rights, debentures and preference shares
- Working capital management
- Corporate governance
- Hedging and risk management
- Risk and return including portfolio management
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 53 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in South Africa
- Applicants must make contact with a prospective supervisor in the first instance to discuss a potential project. They must then submit an application form and supporting documentation which together with a supervisor’s form will be sent to the Head of Department and the Dean for consideration.
- If the Head of Department or the relevant Dean is not prepared to accept the applicant, the Registrar will be informed and asked to convey this decision to the applicant. If the Head of Department and Dean are satisfied that the applicant is a suitable candidate for higher degree study, that the proposed research topic is viable, and that the Department can provide adequate supervision and facilities, the application will be recommended for approval.
International1861 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1861 EUR per year and a duration of .
National1861 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1861 EUR per year and a duration of .
29200 south african rand per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.