While learning about clients’ diverse backgrounds and faith traditions, students engage in self-of-the-therapist exploration and spiritual formation in order to better understand themselves as holistic beings.
Graduates of the Couples and Family Therapy program from Seattle University are prepared to clinically heal and empower diverse relationships and individuals across faith traditions and cultural locations.
- Students will identify as couples and family therapists who integrate clinical knowledge, skills, and research with multifaith insights and spiritual formation.
- Students will use family systems theories to offer systemic case conceptualizations and treatment plans.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to provide multiculturally competent clinical services within clients’ social locations, including diverse races and ethnicities, genders and sexual identities, and religious and spiritual traditions.
- Students will demonstrate legal and ethical competence by understanding and adhering to relevant laws and ethical codes.
Our Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) accredited program is dedicated to systemic clinical practice, social justice, and insight from multifaith dialogue.
- Couples and Family Therapy in a Multicultural Context
- Couples and Family Therapy: Identity and Ethics
- Ethics and Law in Couples and Family Therapy
- Human Sexuality
- Counseling Theory and Techniques
- Intimate Partnerships
- Systemic Care Skills
- Family Therapy Theories
- Research Methods
- Psychopathology and Diagnosis
- Systemic Assessment and Conceptualization
- Systems of Trauma Treatment
- Systemic Child and Adolescent Treatment
- Systemic Development
- Systemic Treatment of Addictions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 1226 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Application forms and fee
- Résumé reflecting professional and/or volunteer experiences in the helping field (e.g., social service, education, or ministry)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional and/or academic sources (e.g., supervisor, professor). At least one should be from a person who can speak to your ability to work with diverse populations. (Note: Recommendation forms are provided electronically through the application.)
- Official transcripts of all previously attended colleges and universities
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferably in a liberal arts area
- Applicants for whom English is a non-native language must demonstrate English proficiency regardless of English language studies, residence in the United States or an English-speaking country or immigration status.
International21168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.