The goal of the Engineering program at Arkansas State University is to provide an educational experience focusing on the integration of research and technology development that allows graduates to be successful in deriving solutions to society’s most challenging technical problems. The program culminates in the defense of an original research thesis.
Specific program outcomes are listed below. Program graduates will have:
- Knowledge of advanced experimental methods and the ability to design experiments and collect data
- A good understanding of statistical concepts and an ability to apply this knowledge to achieve engineering solutions that most efficiently use information and resources
- A practical knowledge of fabrication and manufacturing techniques, specifically at the micro- and nano-scales
- An ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts to model physical systems and engineering processes to drive knowledge based design
- An advanced, cross-disciplinary understanding of engineering sciences, and an ability to relate physical concepts from multiple engineering disciplines
- An ability to identify critical issues, formulate realistic solutions, evaluate alternatives, and carry out independent research to provide novel solutions to technical problems
- A demonstrated ability to make novel, significant contributions to the scientific and engineering body of knowledge.
- Advanced Engineering Math
- Applied Probability and Estimation
- Engineering Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1866 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Each applicant must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Applicants that do not have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or those having an undergraduate GPA below 2.75, will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must show equivalent experience and training and have completed the required pre-requisites for the courses
- Applicants must present GRE scores for the Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical tests.
- Applicants not having completed the GRE may be admitted conditionally, but must complete this requirement prior to finishing the first semester of course work
- Official transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- A resume
- A document for study of purpose (not exceeding three pages) will be also required for admission
- Admission of international students may require additional proof of English proficiency
International15194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7597 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7597 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4273 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Jonesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.