- Nurses are a critical part of the health care industry and a career in the nursing field will give you the chance find employment in your hometown or almost anywhere around the world. The nursing field is highly specialized and has a variety of ways for you to utilize your skills in an area you are passionate about.
- Western Carolina University's three distinct M.S. Nursing concentrations adhere to very specific and intentional curricula to provide you with the training needed to enter the workforce, or continue to further graduate studies and certifications. The Family Nurse Practitioner program requires 51 to 52-semester hours (depending on thesis option) of classroom learning and 640 hours of clinical work covering advanced concepts in scientific inquiry and information literacy.
- The Nurse Leadership concentration is a 40 to 41-semester hour (depending on thesis option) program combining online and in-person practicum courses. The Nurse Educator concentration is a 38 to 39-semester hour (depending on thesis option), three-year program combining classroom learning, research methods and practicum learning.
- WCU also offers a DNP in Nurse Anesthesia. The Nurse Anesthesia program is an 86-semester hour, 36-month, full-time program. It is a combination of classroom learning at Biltmore Park in Asheville and on-site clinical studies that includes weekend rotations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Nursing curriculum include:
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Roles and Professional Issues
- Theory for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Research for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Economics and Organization of Health Care
- Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 691 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- BSN from a regionally accredited college or university and nationally accredited nursing program
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on 4.0 scale on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Statistics course, undergraduate or graduate level
- Nursing Research course, undergraduate
- Registered nurse eligible for licensure to practice in the state in which the student intends to practice
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience as a registered nurse within the last five years
- Three professional references: one must be from current or recent immediate supervisor
- Submit a resume and professional statement with the online Graduate School application
International20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5015 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Cullowhee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.