Nurses are a critical part of the health care industry and a career in the nursing field will give you the chance find employment in your hometown or almost anywhere around the world. The nursing field is highly specialized and has a variety of ways for you to utilize your skills in an area you are passionate about.
Western Carolina University's three distinct M.S. Nursing concentrations adhere to very specific and intentional curricula to provide you with the training needed to enter the workforce, or continue to further graduate studies and certifications. The Family Nurse Practitioner program requires 51 to 52-semester hours (depending on thesis option) of classroom learning and 640 hours of clinical work covering advanced concepts in scientific inquiry and information literacy. The Nurse Leadership concentration is a 40 to 41-semester hour (depending on thesis option) program combining online and in-person practicum courses. The Nurse Educator concentration is a 38 to 39-semester hour (depending on thesis option), three-year program combining classroom learning, research methods and practicum learning.
WCU also offers a DNP in Nurse Anesthesia. The Nurse Anesthesia program is an 86-semester hour, 36-month, full-time program. It is a combination of classroom learning at Biltmore Park in Asheville and on-site clinical studies that includes weekend rotations.
More informationVisit official programme website
Nursing curriculum include:
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Roles and Professional Issues
- Theory for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Research for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Economics and Organization of Health Care
- Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 747 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Degree Requirements: Applicants for admission to the Graduate School are expected to hold a bachelor’s-level degree from a regionally accredited college or university by the time they begin their program of study
- GPA Requirement: To qualify for Regular Admission, a student must have earned an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work OR 2.85 on a 4.0 scale cumulatively
- Transcripts: At the time of application, all degree-seeking applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Applicants who have not yet completed their undergraduate degree may be offered regular or conditional admission
International20448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10224 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10224 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State10040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5020 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.