- A career in human resources is a chance to utilize a broad set of analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills. Jobs in human resources are available in the corporate world, all levels of government and non-profits.
- The M.S. in Human Resources is a 36-semester hour program at the Western Carolina University and gives students the chance to learn from seasoned human resources professionals. The curriculum covers topics like research and evaluation methods; employee and labor relations; legal issues; and performance management. This program is designed for busy adult learners and all courses are online.
- The curriculum has been designed to align with HR competencies identified by the Association for Talent Development (ATD), the HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Bersin by Deloitte, the Association for Human Resource Development (AHRD), and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for Graduate HR Curriculum Guidelines. Therefore, the MSHR Program courses develop competencies within each of the MSHR Program's four Leadership Competency domains: 1) Relational HR Leadership; 2) Strategic HR Leadership; 3) Operational HR Leadership; and 4) Ethical & Socially Responsible HR Leadership. The distance education clearinghouse, GetEducated.com, ranks the program the third best, out of 40 nationwide, online human resources program.
- Human resources specialists work in diverse environments from Fortune 500 companies to local governments. The human resources field also offers diverse job descriptions such as working in payroll, risk management and hiring. The Bureau of Labor Statistics states the average salary for human resources managers is $114,140 and projects the job field will grow 13% by 2022.
Human Resources curriculum include:
- Human Resources Research and Evaluation Methods
- Orientation to Human Resources
- Human Resource Development
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Field Experience in Human Resources
- Seminar in Human Resources
- Organization, Planning & Execution for HR Professionals
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Human Resource Management View 105 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
To be admitted to WCU’s online master’s degree program in human resources (HR), you must have:
- Earned an undergraduate degree from a fully accredited university
- Maintained a 3.0 (B) GPA.
- You must also submit three letters of recommendation from individuals who can vouch for your scholarly abilities and good work habits. Current or former job supervisors and former professors are ideal references (recommendations from friends, colleagues or former staff members are not sufficient). All official transcripts should be mailed directly to the graduate school.
International20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5015 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.