What You'll Learn
The M.H.S. from Western Carolina University is a 33-semester hour program comprised of three intentional sections that will equip you with the instruction and skills needed to go into the Health Sciences career field you have chosen. All students will study a core curriculum that includes learning about research methods, health care policies and biostatistics. Next, students will focus on their chosen area of concentration and work on a thesis or project correlated to that concentration. During the entirety of the program students will also be taught professional standards and etiquette.
Where You'll Go
A graduate degree in Health Sciences gives you the opportunity to work as a paramedic, educator, nutritionist, environmental health specialist and a number of other professions. These careers also give you the opportunity to work varied environments and are in-demand across much of the country. For example, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) states that the need for environmental health workers will grow by 28% by 2018. The BLS also states job growth for nutritionists will grow by 21% by 2022.
Health Sciences curriculum include:
- Systems and Policy in Health Care
- Biostatistics for Health Sciences
- Research Methodology in the Health Sciences
- Theoretical Foundations of Public Health
- Program Planning and Evaluation in Health Sciences
- EMS Response to Community and Public Health Disasters
- EMS System Design and Operations
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Management
- Loss Control through Industrial Hygiene.
- The Legal Environment of Healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 693 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Western Carolina University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- GRE waivers are now available! Students with an undergraduate GPA of 3.5 overall or who have completed another graduate-level degree at an accredited institution may be available for a GRE waiver.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of "B" or higher (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) in all upper-level undergraduate coursework. Accepted applicants have had an average undergraduate GPA of 3.4 over the past three years
- Three letters of recommendation from instructors or employers who are able to judge aptitude for graduate study.
- A Goal Statement
International13992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 848 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 848 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State4455 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.