- The traditional M.S. in Chemistry prepares students for research and development work in the chemistry field and can serve as a foundational degree for students hoping to pursue doctoral degrees in the health sciences. The M.S. with a concentration in environmental chemistry prepares students for work in environmental regulation, research and response. The PSM is a non-thesis masters degree that prepares people for work on the business side of the chemical industry with a focus on biopharmaceutical and natural products.
- The Master of Science at the Western Carolina University is a 30-semester hour program that provides opportunities to advance your knowledge of chemistry in the classroom and the laboratory. Course work includes topics such as pharmacology, biostatistics and genomics. Students on the traditional track will also work, individually, with a faculty member on an original research project in forensic chemistry, biochemistry, materials science or another subcategory of chemistry. PSM students will earn exposure to professional writing and other essential business administration skills.
- Chemists have a variety of professional options available inside and outside of their specific field. Many chemists go on to continue their research in a specific discipline while other find themselves in the classroom continuing their studies or as an educator. Chemists can be found working in the fields of hazardous waste management, biotechnology, government research, agricultural chemistry and many other fields across the occupational spectrum. The Bureau of Labor Statistics states the average salary of chemists and material scientists is $73,060 and expects the job field to grow 6% by 2022.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Chemistry curriculum include:
- Seminar in Chemistry
- Research in Chemistry
- Instrumental Analysis
- Topics in Analytical Chemistry
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Topics in Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry: Quantum Chemistry and Spectroscopy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
One Week Prior to the Start of Term
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 535 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Applicants who earned a degree from an institution outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by an accepted foreign credential evaluation service
- Standardized Tests: GRE, GMAT, or other standardized test results
- Language Proficiency: Official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are required for applicants from countries where English is not the primary language.
International20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5015 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Cullowhee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.