The Secondary Education programme from University of Luxembourg is aimed at students who have a bachelor's degree in German studies, Roman studies or mathematics. To study Luxembourgish studies, a bachelor's degree in philology or a cultural discipline is required.
Students will deepen their knowledge in the respective disciplines and develop the skills needed to teach in secondary school.
In addition to the events in one of the four subject areas, the master's program offers events in the educational sciences, educational sociology and educational psychology. In this way, students * build up the necessary skills to meet the challenges of learning and teaching in a multicultural and multilingual school system.
This is why a special focus of the master's program is on the multilingualism and multiculturalism that make up the specific learning situation in Luxembourg.
The students are being prepared for a career as a teacher at a secondary school in Luxembourg.
Graduates can also enroll in a doctoral program to obtain a doctorate in a doctoral school from the University of Luxembourg.
The Master of Secondary Education is divided into four subject areas :
- German Studies
- Romanistik (French)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holding a Bachelor's degree (180 ECTS) in the chosen discipline. To be eligible for the Luxembourgish Studies track, a Bachelor's degree in philology or cultural studies is expected.
- A near-native competence in the language of the respective study programme (for German Studies, French Studies, Luxembourgish Studies) is an absolute requirement.
- Furthermore, knowledge of German and French comparable to level B2 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)) is a general prerequisite for admission to the Master in Secondary Education for all four subjects: German, French, Luxembourgish and Mathematics.
- The application should include a CV and a letter of motivation
- Admission is limited to 35 students/track.
- Selection is based on the application documents.
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
200 € / Semester
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.