The Master in Space, Communication and Media Law at the University of Luxembourg equips students with essential theoretical, practical and analytical skills to excel in the fast-paced legal world of a continuously developing field. It provides ample opportunities for development in the public and private sector, as well as in academia.
5 reasons to specialise in Space, Communication and Media Law at the University of Luxembourg:
- Benefit from the research activities of the SES Chair in Space, Communication and Media Law at the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance.
- Luxembourg is home to many international ICT companies, such as global satellite operator SES, broadcaster RTL, as well as the European headquarters of Amazon, iTunes, PayPal, Skype and others.
- Optional internship allows students to gain practical experience during their studies. Top students are eligible for a placement of up to six months with SES.
- Opportunity to follow Court of Justice of the European Union’s jurisprudence on telecommunication, media and ICT issues from a first-hand perspective and intensify research and presentation skills in classroom work and writing papers and a master thesis.
- Gain technical insights through visits to telecommunications installations and regulatory agencies as part of the course.
Students will be prepared for employment opportunities in national regulatory agencies, ministries for telecommunication and media, private companies active in the media and telecommunication sector, law firms, international organisations dealing with space communication, and development and aid institutions. The LL.M. in Space, Communication and Media Law also provides a springboard for further academic studies at PhD-level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- European Media Law
- Luxembourg Tech Law
- Space Law: International Framework
- ITU Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Internet Litigation
- Data Protection Law
Applicants who have successfully completed three years of studies amounting to 180 ECTS are eligible to apply for the common first year of LL.M. studies at the University of Luxembourg (M1). It offers a variety of courses in European and international law from which students may choose in order to prepare for the specific requirements of the second year.
Faculty is composed of
- Academics from the University of Luxembourg, in particular from the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance, and from abroad.
- Professionals from Luxembourg and abroad (accountants, auditors, lawyers etc.)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) Media Studies & Mass Media
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who have successfully completed three years of studies amounting to 180 ECTS (typically a Bachelor in law or equivalent studies) are eligible to apply for the common first year of LL.M. studies at the University of Luxembourg (M1).
- Applications must include a cover letter, CV, copies of diplomas and transcripts, as well as supporting documents showing evidence of the necessary language skills required to follow the bilingual programme (B2 or higher in French and B2 or higher in English). Applicants should also include at least one but a maximum of two letters of recommendation from their referees.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 200 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 200 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.