The MA Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) offered by the University of Nottingham Ningbo China will develop your critical understanding of recent developments in TESOL theory and practice. It also prepares you to conduct independent research into teaching and learning and provides a pathway to doctoral study.
You will meet expert tutors in the field of English language teaching (ELT), a major branch of applied linguistics, who have international reputations in their own area of research, and who are committed to providing the best quality study experience. The course is co-taught with highly experienced colleagues in the Centre for English Language Education, one of the largest English language teaching operations in the world.
Graduates may pursue TESOL as a new career or enhance their current prospects in the field of English language teaching. In China, a postgraduate qualification in TESOL is increasingly sought- after by educational institutions. The programme will also equip those interested in pursuing an academic career in the field of English language teaching and applied linguistics by preparing them to conduct research at EdD and PhD level.
Our Careers Development Service will work with you to explore your options, invite you to attend recruitment events where you can meet potential employers, as well as suggesting further development opportunities, such as relevant work experience placements and skills workshops.
- Applied Linguistics for TESOL
- Developments in Language Teaching Methodology
- The Language Learner and Language Learning
- Research Methods for Language Teachers
- Enhancing Language Learning with Digital Technologies
- TESOL Observation and Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching English View 6 other Masters in Teaching English in China
- Applicants should normally hold an approved first degree with at least second class honours (or equivalent) or an approved professional qualification deemed to be equivalent to a second class honours degree.
- All applicants should therefore include a full CV as part of their application. Applicants should also provide a sample of their academic writing in English. A Skype, telephone or face-to-face interview is normally required as part of the acceptance decision making process.
International15233 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15233 EUR per year during 12 months.
National13847 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13847 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Mainland Chinese students: 100,000 RMB per year
- Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan students: 100,000 RMB per year
- International students: 110,000 RMB per year
Living costs for Ningbo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.