The History and Theory of Architecture program at Yildiz Technical University outcomes:
CareerMaster architect that has a specialization in History and theory of architecture.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Ornamentation in architecture
- Turkish in world architecture and art
- Ottoman language
- Issues about the Ottoman Architecture
- European architecture
- contemporary architecture
- Contemporary Architecture in Turkey
- Antique and Byzantine Architecture
- History of Building Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The graduate students in this program must complete a minimum of 21 local credits (7 courses), a seminar course and a thesis; they must be successful in all of the courses with a minimum achievement grade of CB, must have completed 90-120 ECTS credits and have scored a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 to qualify for graduation.
DisciplinesArchitecture History Art History View 7 other Masters in Art History in Turkey
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.