This program brings together two complementary, interdisciplinary programs, Theology (AST) and Religious Studies (SMU). Graduate students will experience a diverse and rich field of expertise in the study of religion.
Students at Saint Mary's University have a unique opportunity to explore and articulate the relationship between Theology and Religious Studies as the fields have evolved both within Canada and internationally.
- The program is committed to enabling students to study diverse religious communities as they exist in the Maritimes, in Canada and around the world.
- Students may pursue a thesis based M.A. designed to qualify for admission to doctoral programs or a course-only program designed for students wishing to develop theoretical and applied skills to work within churches and other religious institutions.
- Theory and Methods Seminar
- Thesis in Theology and Religious Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 36 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants may apply to either the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research at Saint Mary’s University or to Atlantic School of Theology.
- Students applying to Saint Mary’s University meet the general admission requirements and follow the procedures of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research as outlined in the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
- Applicants must have an Honours B.A. in Religious Studies or Theology, or a first degree in Theology (Masters in Divinity, for example), or their equivalent, from an AUCC accredited university or a similarly recognized institution.
- Students may be admitted on a full-time or part-time basis (also see “Full-time versus Part-time Status” in the Graduate Academic Calendar).
International16751 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16751 CAD per year during 12 months.
National7564 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7564 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Halifax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.