The Benefits of Doing a International Development Studies at Saint Mary's University
- The interdisciplinary MA in IDS at SMU was the first of its kind in Canada, and continues to be a leader in research and teaching in IDS.
- The Program boasts a faculty engaged in real-world research on complex development problems, who publish widely and enjoy working with students.
- The Program’s modest size permits greater individual student attention and supervision.
- We have linkages with international partners who visit as participants in a renowned Speakers Series.
- The inter-disciplinary nature of our program provides students with the opportunity to study and engage in research not only with core IDS Faculty, but with Faculty from a wide range of disciplines both outside the program as well as those associated with the program and who are members either of our Program Committee, or Adjuncts or Program Associates.
- You will be studying in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on the Atlantic seaboard of Eastern Canada, one of the most beautiful ports in the world.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Dynamics of Development: Frameworks of Analysis
- South East Asia: Contemporary Development Issues
- Environment and Development
- Labour and Development
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 20 other Masters in International Development in Canada
- Sample(s) of academic or other written work (10-25 pages).
- Short description of the courses taken in International Development Studies, or related courses, as well as those in the proposed area of specialization.
- Official transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
- Three (3) recommendation forms.
- A current CV/Resume.
- Official Proof of English Language Proficiency (if required).
International16751 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16751 CAD per year and a duration of 16 months.
National7564 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7564 CAD per year and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.