The Political Science and International Relations program at Yildiz Technical University outcome:
- To inform and educate students on major theoretical and conceptual debates in the field of Political Science and International Relations;
- To provide students the ability to use analytical and empirical research methods;
- To provide students the ability to discuss and analyze domestic and international major political, social and economic problems;
- To provide students an interdisciplinary perspective that acknowledges the relationship of their discipline with the other social science disciplines (such as economics, sociology, law, psychology);
- To provide students the ability to write, present and discuss projects, reports, articles and thesis in the field of Political Science and International Relations;
- To produce graduates with high educational skills that are necessary to work either in the public or private sector;
The students, when admitted to the program, work towards an MA degree, while they deepen their undergraduate education and develop research and academic communication skills.
The degree constitutes an important step for various career opportunities in private and public sectors, as well as providing a foundation for further academic research and the PhD degree.
The graduates of the program have the opportunity to apply for PhD programs both in Turkey and abroad.
- Militarism: Historical and Theoretical Perspectives
- Politics, Political Culture and Social Movements in European Countries
- Religion and Politics
- Asian Politics and Security
- Cold War in Europe
- Public Law
- Currents Debates on Security
- Current Issues of Turkish Political Life
- Current Issues in Turkey’s Foreign Policy
- Social Movements and Politics in Turkey (1960-1980)
- Media in Politics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Environmental Economics & Policy Political Science View 4 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Turkey
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
International84 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 84 EUR per year during 24 months.
National84 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 84 EUR per year during 24 months.
1670 Turkish Liras
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.