In the MSc in Science and Health Communication at Dublin City University , students take a combination of core and option modules in areas such as Research Methods; Strategic Communications for STEM, Environment and Healthcare; Informatics in eHealth; Science and Health in the Media; Data Communication; Understanding Social Media.
The programme also includes practically oriented modules including Media and Communication Skills and Making Smartphone Videos. All students complete a Major Project/Dissertation and can avail of a work placement.
Graduates of this programme have found employment in science public relations and information services, science journalism, science broadcasting, science teaching, science demonstration and display, science publishing, web editing for science institutions and educational software authoring.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Strategic Communication for STEM, Environment and Healthcare
Engagement Assessment and Decision-making
The Moving Image
Understanding Social Media
Social Media, Journalism & Democracy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Health Sciences Health Informatics View 8 other Masters in Communication Studies in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree at the level of an Irish or UK Honours undergraduate degree (H2.2 or above) or equivalent
- Applicants with appropriate combinations of professional qualifications and experience may also be considered. This includes discipline-specific knowledge and know-how; transferable skills; basic research competency; personal effectiveness.
- International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7400 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU/EEA: 4,000 EUR per year
- Non-EU/EEA: 7,400 EUR per year
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.