Students of the Environmental Science and Management program (ESM) from Duquesne University have the freedom to choose a concentration and a variety of electives that will help them attain their goals.
- The traditional ESM curriculum emphasizes regulatory compliance and pollution prevention and control.
- The conservation biology concentration focuses on field studies and allows students to take more science electives
- The concentration in research enables students to focus on their research topic and produce a graduate-level thesis
Students who do not have professional experience launch their careers by completing internships. There is also a thesis track that exists for those considering research or doctoral education. Students who are currently working professionals in the environmental field may request experiential learning credits.
Conveniently Scheduled Classes
Courses are offered weekday evenings and occasionally on Saturdays for the convenience of working professionals.
Part-time students who take about two classes per semester can complete the degree in approximately two calendar years. Students may also take one course per semester.
The program welcomes full-time students, including recent graduates with bachelor's degrees in the sciences or related disciplines.
- Writing for Environmental Professionals
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Biology
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Policy & Politics
- Environmental Conflict Resolution & Problem Solving
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 691 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Applicants to the Environmental Science and Management Graduate Program should have an undergraduate degree with a basic foundation in biology, chemistry, environmental studies, and mathematics
- Submit the University application
- A Statement of Purpose, approximately 250 words
- All official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official GRE scores
- Official Internet-based (iBT) TOEFL scores that are current to one year
- Duquesne University Affidavit of Support Form completed in full and an official bank statement.
International56448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1568 USD per credit during 12 months.
National56448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1568 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.