The Molecular Biology and Genetics program at Yildiz Technical University outcomes:
- Students can acquire complex knowledge and expertise based on basic knowledge and skills that they have obtained during their undergraduate education and develop ability to acquire further knowledge according to their own research interest.
- Students can integrate knowledge and skills from molecular biology and genetics courses and apply to their own research areas.
- Students acquire specific technical skills in molecular biology, genetics, biotechnology and related disciplines. and gain ability to conduct independent work in laboratory.
- Students gain ability to search and read scientific articles, gain a critical understanding of their contents.
- Students can use computational technologies to analyse scientific data and for information retrieval.
- Students develop skills of written and oral communucation of scientific information, ideas and their own research outputs.
- Students develop conceptual knowledge and critical thinking, hypothesis design and testing on molecular biology, genetics and biotechnology themes related to theoretical and applied research.
Graduates will be employed in national and foreign academic institutions, molecular biology and related fields, a variety of private companies engaged in the distribution of supplies and equipment positions in pharmaceutical companies and biotechnology research and production institutions, the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture, IVF Centers, Hospitals and Diagnostic Laboratories , Institutes of Public Health and Municipal Affairs, Science and Forensic Medicine, agencies and organizations, safety criminology laboratories, Department of Defense, TUBITAK, Technopark, private research centers, organizations and institutions.
Graduates can work as academics by staying within the university or serve as researchers in various institutions and biotechnology firms.
- Recombinant DNA Technology and Genetic Engineering
- Advanced Molecular Cell Biology
- Genome Knowledge
- Plant Stress Physiology
- The Methods of the Molecular Biology
- Plant Genomics and Proteomics
- Advanced Plant Molecular Biology
- DNA Protein Interactions
- Functional Genomics
- Regulation of Gene Expression
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biotechnology Genetics View 10 other Masters in Biotechnology in Turkey
- To study in the graduate programs, the students are required to take an exam called “ALES” (Academic Personnel and Graduate Education Exam), which is also administered by ÖSYM, and submit this score with their application. GRE or GMAT can also be a substitute of ALES. The applicants have to meet additional program requirements defined by the universities.
- In Turkey, the universities have the right to define the admission criteria themselves and these admission criteria have to be approved by Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK).
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.