The Public Administration degree from Georgia Southern University provides you with focused training to work in a leadership role, helping you master a broad set of skills including budgeting and finance, economic analysis, human resource management, policy analysis, information technology, resource development and grant writing, program evaluation and board governance.
Since 1973, Georgia Southern University’s MPA degree program has been a leader in the advancement of public and nonprofit management education. Today, the MPA program is recognized as one of the top graduate programs at Georgia Southern.
The MPA at Georgia Southern is offered as a hybrid program. The hybrid model provides current and aspiring public and nonprofit management professionals with an innovative and effective education that combines the best of online and in-person course delivery. For example, a typical course divides up online (50%) and in-person (50%) instruction across the semester. In-person instruction takes place on Georgia Southern’s Statesboro Campus, which is the oldest and largest campus at the University.
Why get your MPA from Georgia Southern?
- Curriculum that provides ‘real world’ knowledge and experience
- Concentrated programs of study in public and nonprofit management
- Hybrid course format that combines online and in-person instruction on the Statesboro Campus
- Dedicated MPA faculty and staff committed to student success
- Graduate Assistantships and other financial assistance
- Large network of Georgia Southern MPA alumni
- Budgeting in Public Service Organizations
- Ethics for Public Service Organizations
- Public Program Evaluation
- Public Policy
- Research Methods for Public Service Organizations
- Advanced Management
- 24 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Human Resource Management Public Policy View 720 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Georgia Southern University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed requirements for the Bachelor’s degree in a college accredited by proper regional accrediting association.
- A 2.75 (4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average in undergraduate work.
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of less than 3.0 must submit official scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Applicants with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 are not required to submit exam scores.
- A current resume detailing relevant work experience.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or employment experience.
- Statement of career goals and objectives.
International26518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13259 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13259 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3318 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Statesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.