The graduate History program from Duquesne University is well-suited for advanced students who wish to pursue a Ph.D., secondary school teachers interested in increasing their content knowledge, and individuals who want to work in non-profits, government, or business.
The Department of History has exciting opportunities for graduate students. They have hired six new faculty since 2013, implemented a revised curriculum in 2016, and have developed new research and networking opportunities for students. We also expanded our financial assistance with new tuition awards and scholarships, graduate assistantships, and conference and research funding.
This program is particularly suited for individuals who:
- are interested in going on to a PhD program,
- are interested in working in academia,
- are secondary school teachers looking to increase their knowledge in the areas they teach,
- wish to apply the knowledge and skills gained to other academic or public service and government fields.
American UniversityCarnegie Mellon UniversityFlorida State UniversityOhio State UniversityUniversity of California-San DiegoUniversity of New OrleansUniversity of RochesterWest Virginia University
- Colonies to Republic
- Emergence of the Modern United States
- Medieval Europe
- Early Modern Europe
- British Empire
- Atlantic World, 1450s-1750s
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 290 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- A 3.0 GPA in overall undergraduate studies.
- Official transcripts recording all baccalaureate work
- Three confidential letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant's academic studies or professional work
- A brief (2-3 page) personal statement explaining your educational and/or professional experience thus far, your academic interests, the reason why you are pursuing graduate studies at Duquesne, and your career goals
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- An academic writing sample, not to exceed 25 pages (double-spaced).
- An official score report indicating satisfactory performance on TOEFL examination (applicable to international students only)
International40800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1360 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.