he Teacher Leadership program is a school leadership program intended for classroom teachers who seek greater responsibility and influence beyond their individual classrooms. The program will provide the candidate with the knowledge and skills required for leadership roles from perspectives not usually afforded in traditional classroom teacher training programs.
Teacher leaders are educators who use their expertise to improve student learning by working outside the classroom in formal and informal ways to augment the professional skills of colleagues, to strengthen the culture of the school, and to improve the quality of instruction (Council of Chief State School Officers, 2009).Our M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership is an approved program.
The GACE in Teacher Leadership is ready. Our completers can take the test and if they meet the qualifying score, the Augusta University COE can recommend them for S-5. This is the bridge or conversion process that the Augusta University COE submitted to the PSC last fall in our program review.Anyone who completes the Teacher Leadership degree before the test is completed, can take the test once it is available. If the completer is successful on the test, then the Augusta University COE can review their previously completed degree and recommend a conversion of the T-5 to an S-5.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Leadership and Administration
- Developing Professional Learning Communities
- Instructional Supervision for Improving P-1 2 Learning
- Grants Writing: Resources for P-12 Learning
- Leading the Learning Environment
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Tests and Measurement
- Identifying Outstanding Talents and Potentials
- Developing Outstanding Talents and Potentials
- Curriculum and Program Design for Developing Talents
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Application deadline: June 2.
DisciplinesEducational Research Teaching View 206 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
General requirementsAdmission Requirements
- Completed Online Application
- Application Fee: $50
- GPA: Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at the Baccalaureate level
- Minimum Degree Requirement: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited program and an accredited college or university.
- Official Transcripts
- Transcript/Credential Evaluation of Foreign Transcripts
- References: Recommendations (which include a reference form and letter of recommendation) from three individuals are required.
International1462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 731 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 215 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.