In addition to our nationally recognized strengths in Modernism, American literature, and early British literature, in the English program of Duquesne University we have faculty interested in gender studies, the history of the book, ecocriticism, material culture, theater, poetics, and other interdisciplinary topics. A strong mentoring program helps students acclimate to life in graduate school and guides students in their professional pursuits. Teaching fellowships and tuition remission are available, and all students without other assistance receive a 25% discount percent on their tuition.Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Pittsburgh, our department offers small classes, individual attention from dedicated professors, and an energetic and welcoming graduate community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aims and Methods of Literary Scholarship
- Literary Theory
- The Personal Essay
- Writing for Trade Publications/Feature Writing
- History and Structure of the English Language
- Theories of Composition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 1043 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Official transcript(s) recording all baccalaureate work, along with degree, from an accredited undergraduate college or university. If you are currently taking classes, please submit your transcript once grades have been posted
- A 3.0 grade average, based on a four point scale, in the final two years of undergraduate work is normally required
- An official score report indicating satisfactory performance on the verbal, quantitative and analytic sections on the Graduate Record Examination
- Letters of recommendation from three persons familiar with the applicant’s academic studies or, in some cases, work experience
- A brief (1-2 page) statement of the applicant’s purpose in seeking the Master of Arts degree
- A sample of the applicant’s academic writing (normally a critical paper written for an English course, 10-20 pages)
- A résumé or curriculum vitae
- An official score report indicating satisfactory performance on TOEFL examination
International40080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1336 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1336 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.