Grounded in the department's established commitment to the philosophical student of communication, the Master of Arts emphasis in Rhetoric and Philosophy of Communication (36 credits) from Duquesne University provides students with a traditional liberal arts education for leadership in academia, law, and the marketplace.
Applicants for the Master of Arts in Communication with a concentration in Corporate Communication, Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC), Rhetoric & Philosophy of Communication, or Communication Studies, or one of our dual degree programs, must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
The undergraduate degree does not have to be in a communication-related field, but applicants are required to demonstrate a basic understanding and awareness of communication. If, in the judgment of the Admission Committee, you do not fulfill this prerequisite you may be asked to complete additional undergraduate work before beginning graduate studies.
- Professional Communication
- Persuasion in the Marketplace
- Communication Research & Evidence
- Communication Ethics & Professional Civility
- Organizational and Leadership Communication
- Philosophy of Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Corporate Communication Media Studies & Mass Media View 144 other Masters in Corporate Communication in United States
- An undergraduate Q.P.A. of 3.0/4.0 (official transcript required).
- Successful performance on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for M.A. in Rhetoric & Philosophy of Communication. Select institution code 2196 (Duquesne University), program code 4599 (Communication).
- A writing sample prepared within a collegiate or business setting.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate academic and professional performance.
- A statement of the applicant’s professional and career goals (not more than 500 words). This statement should identify the precise M.A. program to which the student is applying: M.A. in Communication (including the emphasis that the student is selecting); Online M.A. in Corporate Communication; or M.A. in Rhetoric & Philosophy of Communication.
International49032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1362 USD per credit during 12 months.
National49068 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.