This Occupational Therapy program from Duquesne University is the only OT program in Western PA that offers both accredited Entry-Level Degree Programs. All students will have the option to declare your terminal degree (MSOT or OTD) during your first semester of your senior year. Students earn their Bachelor's of Health Science Degree at the end of year four, and then continue on to earn their terminal degree of choice (either MSOT or OTD).
Each program is accelerated which allows our graduates to enter the workforce at a quicker-rate. The MSOT program is complete in 4.5 calendar years, and the OTD program is complete in 5.5 calendar years.
Occupational therapists are experts in doing. We prescribe therapeutic occupations, including everyday life activities to support a person's performance and function in the multiple life roles they engage in home, school, work, and community environments. Occupational therapists are trained to addresses physical, cognitive, psychosocial, sensory-perceptual, and other aspects of performance.
Occupational therapy interventions can be designed to develop skills, prevent illness and promote health and wellness. Interventions can also rehabilitate when an illness, injury or disease results in impairment, disability, activity limitation, or a restriction in a person's ability to participation in their daily occupations. Occupational therapists work with people of all ages and ability levels in many settings. Occupational therapy services may be provided in individual or group sessions, or on a broader scale at the system or population level.
Community engaged learning and a wide array of excellent clinical fieldwork and doctoral experiential placements are standard teaching practices in our program and students know that they will be expected to immediately transform classroom learning into practice competencies. Our programs equip graduates who exhibit competencies as a generalist as well as in-depth knowledge and skills to lead in practice and professional settings.
Duquesne University's OT programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Practice Foundations
- Person-Occupation-Environment Interaction and Performance Across the Life-Span
- Health Care Delivery Systems and Population-Focused Services
- Community Engaged Learning, Fieldwork Education and Doctoral Experiential Component
- Servant Leadership, Specialty Roles and Functions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Occupational Health and Safety View 121 other Masters in Occupational Health and Safety in United States
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I & II (with a laboratory component, cadaver dissection preferred) (8 credits)
- Physics (with a laboratory component) (4 credits)
- Psychology or Sociology (3 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Human Life Span Development (must be human development and cover the entire life span; developmental psychology course with lifespan perspective is acceptable) (3 credits)
- Medical Terminology Course or Proof of Completion of a Medical Terminology Proficiency (online courses accepted)
- We require a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 'C' or better in all the above courses transferred or completed to meet the requirements.'
- If your undergraduate and/or graduate degrees are from an institution located outside of the United States, you must use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report
A minimum of 16 documented in-person volunteer or paid hours in Occupational Therapy under the supervision of a registered/licensed occupational therapist (OTR/L) is required.
International68637 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1615 USD per credit during 24 months.
National68637 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1615 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.