While the Child Psychology degree does not lead to the professional practice of school psychology, other options to advance your career are available to you through this program.
Students in the Child Psychology program from Duquesne University who hold certain certificates through the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) can meet Autism Endorsement criteria through the selection of electives.
Students of the Child Psychology program can also meet the Pennsylvania Behavior Specialist License criteria. Child Psychology students can take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Exam preparation course sequence.
As a Behavioral Specialist you can:
- Develop and implement functional behavior intervention plans for identified students.
- Establish intervention plans for the purpose of providing safe and effective environments for individuals with challenging behaviors.
- Become an expert in coordinating child abuse and neglect cases while complying with mandated reporting requirements.
- Become a leader in the protocols of the Individualized Education Programs (IEP) for students with disabilities.
Also, graduates of the 30-credit Master's of Science in Education in Child Psychology program have the option to apply for the School of Education's Psy.D. School Psychology and Ph.D. School Psychology programs. The first 30 credits of these doctoral programs consists of the M.S.Ed. Child Psychology curriculum. Depending on eligibility, applicants who are accepted into one of these doctoral programs, who have completed the M.S.Ed. Child Psychology program at Duquesne, and who are within the Statute of Limitations, might be able have the 30 credits from their M.S.Ed. Child Psychology program transferred to their doctoral degree.
- Psychology of Learning
- Psychology Testing
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Statistics in Behavioral Research
- Multicultural Issues and Strategies in Counseling
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Pedagogy View 246 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
- A 3.0 GPA
- Undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts
- International Students: Transcript Credential Evaluation
- International Students: TOEFL/IELTS
International40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.