Specialized learning opportunities teach you to advocate for patients, offer comfort and care from within a comprehensive healthcare system, with this Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (MScN) program at Laurentian University.
Gain advanced knowledge, skills, and hands-on experiences needed for all five components of comprehensive health services: health promotion, prevention of diseases and injuries, cure, rehabilitation, and support services.
Apply the foundations of nursing including health, professional caring, healing, determinants of health, relational practice, and professional growth.
Benefit from a faculty with a variety of nursing experience and expertise, a state-of-the-art clinical learning lab, and a world-class library.
Graduates can rest assured knowing there is a multitude of career options they can explore post-graduation. Some career options include, but are not limited to: Nurse Practitioner, health administration, research, academics and public health.
Many careers can be found in the public and private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Nursing Research
- Health Care Policy and Nursing Practice In Northern, Rural and Remote Environment
- Pathophysiology for Nurse Practitioners
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Roles and Responsibilities
- Therapeutics in Primary Health Care
- Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnosis
- Integrative Practicum
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of two years (3640 hours) full-time practice, as a Registered Nurse, within the past five years BScN from an Ontario baccalaureate nursing program or the equivalent with an overall average of 75% (GPA).
- Current certificate of registration as a registered nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Preference will be given to Ontario residents as a program placements must be done in within the province.
International25960 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25960 CAD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National: $2,860 per trimester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.