Learn why and how people think and act the way they do and help them improve their daily lives, with this Psychology program at Laurentian University. Prepare for a career in schools, mental health, or other applied settings, or pursue PhD level studies. Gain hands-on experience with 400 hours in a supervised field placement.
Learn to diagnose and treat mental health as well as use techniques to prevent mental illness and enhance well-being. Observe behavioural patterns that make up normal and abnormal behaviours and how they affect people socially, mentally, and physically.
Limitless research opportunities placements in applied settings and a diverse range of research interests, including cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, educational psychology, forensic psychology, neuroscience, physiological psychology, and social psychology.
Behavior therapist, research analyst, counsellor (addictions, employment, corrections), interviewer, environmental planner, computer consultant, recruitment coordinator, psychometrist, teaching, speech pathology, personnel administrator.
Settings: associations for persons with disabilities, school boards, correctional centres, industries such as Hydro and INCO, mental health centres, social service agencies, chronic psychiatric patients, prison settings, drug addiction, and hospitals.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Master's Applied Practicum
- Applied Multivariate Statistics
- Psychodiagnosis and Assessment of Children
- Counselling and Behavioural Interventions for Children and Their Families
- Psychodiagnosis and Assessment in Adults
- Ethical and Professional Issues
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences School Counselling View 22 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BA or B.Sc. in psychology, with an academic standing of B+ (75%) or better, or a successfully completed qualifying year in psychology.
- Those with an academic background other than psychology will have their qualifications examined and may be required to complete additional course work or a qualifying year.
- Academic references, a personal statement of interests, a vulnerable sector criminal background check at your local police department, and identification of potential research supervisors are required.
- The general regulations of the School of graduate studies will apply unless otherwise stated.
International21540 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21540 CAD per year during 12 months.
National13068 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13068 CAD per year during 12 months.
- National: $4356 per trimester
- International: $7180 per trimester
Living costs for Greater Sudbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.