The M.A. in Counseling/Ed.S. in Professional Counseling at Seton Hall University includes a 48-credit master's program and an additional 12 credits of advanced-level practice and knowledge courses for a total of 60 credits.
- The program provides foundational courses for understanding individual and systems behavior.
- Throughout the duration of the program students will gain knowledge and skills in individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, prevention, consultation, lifespan development, career counseling, advocacy, and multiculturalism.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Orientation to Professional Counseling
- Counseling Theory
- Psychology of Human Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Appraisal and Assessment in Counseling
- Stat Theory and Computer Applications
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 1222 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed graduate application
- Official transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate work
- Three letters of recommendation, one should be from a person who can attest to the candidate's ability to interact with others, fit with the counseling profession, and capacity for graduate study (e.g., prior clinical supervisor).
- Personal statement, which includes a description of prior related work experience, qualifications, goals for self in the program, and professional goals.
- A resume
- A personal interview
- $75 application fee
International32400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1350 USD per credit during 24 months.
National32400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1350 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for South Orange
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.