Speech-language pathologists are involved in the prevention, evaluation, diagnosis and management of communication disorders associated with speech, voice, language and cognitive and swallowing impairments.
- The Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) program at Rush University integrates academic study with clinical experience.
- Coursework is designed and sequenced to provide you with the scientific and professional education that you need to be a highly trained speech-language pathologist.
- You have the option to complete a thesis. You will also have clinical experiences every term — both on and off campus — beginning with structured observations of assessment and intervention procedures.
- Graduates of the speech-language pathology (SLP) master’s degree program have a 100 percent pass rate on the national Praxis examination.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Human Medicine Linguistics View 720 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form.
- Unofficial transcripts - An unofficial copy of your transcript from each college and university attended is required. Copies should be uploaded online via the application system only.
- Grade point average - GPAs must be converted to a 4.0 scale.
- Standardized test scores.
- TOEFL scores - Scores must be submitted for international applicants who have received a diploma from a university at which English is not the language of instruction. TOEFL scores will be waived for non-native English speakers who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a US accredited institution and have demonstrated language proficiency supported by the interview.
- Applicant fee - A $50 application fee is required to submit the application.
- Statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
International34530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1151 USD per credit during 24 months.
National34530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1151 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.