Currently, Islamic Revealed Knowledge: Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh at International Islamic University of Malaysia offers specialized courses on Islamic Jurisprudence and in line with the University`s aspiration, these courses are research oriented.
To develop research ability in the students, they are exposed to critical treatment of juridical legacy in the field. This is carried out via research projects, seminars and forums which are part of the students` academic life.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Issues in Islamization of Knowledge
- Research Methodology
- Theory of Maqasid al-Shariah
- Studies of Personal Reasoning and Fatwa
- Theory of Permissibility from Usuli’s Perspective
- Issues of Dispute and Preference
- Studies of Analogical Reasoning and Causes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesIslamic Studies View 4 other Masters in Islamic Studies in Malaysia
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree with good grade from IIUM or any other accredited institutions of higher learning, or other certificates that are recognized as equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional qualifications and experience that are recognized by the Senate of the University.
- Applicants are required to obtain the following Arabic and English proficiency levels: TOEFL and IELTS
International3226 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1613 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National280 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 140 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
7500 RM International
650 RM National
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.