The master's degree in Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) may be earned by completing 33 semester hours of coursework, which must include 3 credit hours of Special Problems research credit.
Alternatively, the candidate may elect to complete twenty-four semester hours of coursework along with nine hours of MS thesis work. In the latter option, the candidate must propose a thesis topic, complete the thesis, and successfully defend it before being awarded the degree. A GPA of 2.7 is required to graduate with an MS degree. All coursework, including Special Problems, must be taken on a letter-grade basis. The program of study for the master's degree is very flexible and can be tailored, in agreement with the student's advisor, to meet the candidate's professional goals.
- Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- Aeroelasticity and Structural Design
- Flight Mechanics and Control
- Propulsion and Combustion
- Structural Mechanics and Material Behavior
- System Design and Optimization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 1833 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Official GRE Scores
- Transcript (unofficial or official) for eligible degrees (only Physics, Computer Science, and all Engineering fields)
- Official transcripts are welcomed but are only submitted if an acceptance has been offered.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- *Official TOEFL Scores (international students only)
International20047 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1215 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20047 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1215 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State9669 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 586 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.