Over the years, the CDE has trained more than 1000 students from 100 nations around the world in an intellectual and residential atmosphere that is rigorous yet supportive and friendly. While individual graduates have risen to the highest levels of service in their governments, we are most proud of the commitment to development demonstrated by more than 90 percent of alumni who still live and work in their home countries.CDE faculty members have Ph.D. degrees from among the most prestigious institutions in the U.S. and around the world. They also have extensive teaching and practical experience, many having either lived in developing countries (often as government consultants) or worked for international organizations such as the World Bank and the IMF. Small classes at the CDE allow individual attention from a faculty that is readily available to meet with students outside of the scheduled class time.
The admissions process is highly selective. Candidates for the CDE program include those with superior first degrees (often in economics) and who have demonstrated responsibility early in their careers in public sector institutions or in non-governmental organizations. The CDE works closely with foreign governments, with international agencies, and with admitted candidates to arrange funding for incoming students. We normally enroll about twenty-five individuals per year. While the application deadline is December 1, we strongly encourage earlier submission to increase funding opportunities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Public Economics
- Developing Country Macroeconomics
- Finance and Development
- Empirical Methods in Macroeconomics
- Tax Policy in Emerging Markets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics View 366 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Application: Part 2 (.doc or .pdf)
- Your CV (1-2 pages only)
- University transcripts showing individual courses taken and grades received for all university degrees earned
- Proof of nationality and date of birth (copy of passport or birth certificate)
- Scores from the GRE general test submitted by December 15 (Required if the GRE is offered in your country as a computer based test )
- Scores from the TOEFL or IELTS exam by December 15 (Not required if the sole language of instruction at your university was English)
International55140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55140 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National55140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55140 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.