The Sociology program of University of West Georgia is designed to prepare students for advanced graduate studies in the social sciences and for professional careers in a variety of settings including federal, state and local government agencies; not-for-profit organizations, community service groups; market research firms; and social service organizations. Coursework incorporates classical and contemporary theoretical perspectives, analysis of cutting edge empirical research, and training in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. Students can take coursework and specialize in the following areas: community development, social inequality, social psychology, health, housing, environment, comparative sociology, and social movements.
- Demonstrate a mastery of communicating in writing how sociology contributes to an understanding of social reality
- Demonstrate a mastery of sociological theories
- Demonstrate a mastery of methodological approaches within sociology
- Demonstrate a mastery of the diversity in society
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology
- Applied Statistics for Sociology
- Sociological Theory
- Women and Work
- Housing and Homelessness
- Cultural and Racial Minorities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 380 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Graduate Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Graduate Admissions Office
- Official GRE scores
- Applicants must have at minimum a 2.5 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Three letters of recommendation
- A 750-word intellectual autobiography
- English language proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1446 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Carrollton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.