The Library and Information Science programme at International Islamic University of Malaysia covers a range of topics in information management, including information retrieval, acquisition and processing.
Career ProspectsThe Master of Library and Information Science aims to strengthen the professionals knowledge and competencies needed for middle and higher level career in various libraries and resource centres in both public and corporate sectors which range from traditional library management courses to the application of technologies in the libraries and information services.
- Islamic Worldview, Society and IT
- Information Sources & Services
- Management of Information Institutions
- Information Resources Development
- Indexing and Abstracting
- Measurement & Evaluation
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology View 38 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least three (3) principal passes in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level (A) Level Examination (UK Educational System) obtained in one sitting OR
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of six (6) subjects obtained in one sitting OR
- Any other qualifications that are recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above.
- Mathematics (for applicants to all undergraduate programmes offered except for Bachelor of Arabic).
- Two other subjects in the intended field of study.
Applicants must also have the following subjects taken at the above mentioned examinations (A level, IB or any other equivalent certificates):
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.