- The M.A. in education with an option in environmental education is designed to prepare individuals to teach environmental education effectively in indoor and outdoor settings and to all grade/age levels and enables graduates to assume leadership in environmental education in schools, nature centers, and other interpretative situations. Admission to the program requires teaching experience, but not a teaching credential.
- The M.A. in education with an option in holistic and integrative education is a program for creative educators in a nontraditional format emphasizing educational innovation, integrative learning, and meaning-centered learning.
- The M.A. in education with an option in instructional technology is designed to meet the needs of technology professionals in schools and other education related settings, as well as business settings. The program has two emphases: research and design/development.
- The M.A. in education with an option in reading/language arts meets the needs of the candidate who is interested in increasing skills in the effective teaching of reading/language arts. The program is competency based and places emphasis on the models and methods that enhance the strategic processing of language arts.
- The M.A. in education with an option in teacher leadership has been developed in collaboration with Academic Partnerships, an entity that has a proven track record of marketing innovative online education programs with established institutions of higher learning.
- The M.A. in education with an option in science education meets the needs of the candidate who is interested in developing her/his pedagogical content knowledge in the teaching and learning of science and develop his/her background to become a science education leader in their school, district, or region. The program also provides the opportunity to increase the candidate's content knowledge in science.
- The M.A. in education with an option in special education will provide advanced preparation for teaching individuals with disabilities, and will provide training for those persons interested in administrative positions or leadership positions in special education.
- The M.A. in education with an option in teaching English to speakers of other languages prepares educators to meet the needs of English language learners in K-12 classrooms in the United States and abroad. The teaching of English around the world is one of the fastest-growing international professions and offers worldwide English teaching opportunities to qualified graduates. Courses in ESL teaching methods and supervised fieldwork opportunities provide a broad overview of theories of language acquisition and social cultural influences on language learning, and strengthen the mastery of classroom techniques.
These courses include:
- Technology and Learning II
- Design and Development of Instructional Materials II
- Foundations of e-Learning
- E-Learning Design and Development
- Computer Based Technology in Education II
- Needs Assessment: Issues and Techniques
- Instructional Development and Change Process
- Technology for Educational Leaders
- Website Design and Development
- Interactive Animation Design and Development
- Information Systems in Education
- E-Learning Delivery and Evaluation
- E-Learning Technology and Media
- Advanced Topics in Instructional Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation View 3689 other Masters in Education in United States
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or shall have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities;
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Have earned a grade point average of at least 3.0 on the last degree completed by the candidate or have attained a grade point average of at least 3.0 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted; and
- Satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations, as appropriate campus
International290 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 290 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National290 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 290 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.